13.3 hours/week (33% appointment, depending upon qualifications)
As soon as possible
The secondary duty of the applicant will be to maintain the server hosting the web applications. The server is a regular LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack, and the main work here will involve keeping the system up to date and ensuring it is running smoothly.
- Comfortable using Linux and the command line interface. The candidate should be comfortable using the command line interface on a UNIX/Linux system, and have a basic understanding of how a Linux system is maintained. Specifically, an understanding of the Linux file-system hierarchy, and familiarity with a package manager is crucial.
- Comfortable with a version control system like Git.
Apart from the above qualifications, knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable:
- Familiarity with the Apache HTTP server.
- Basic knowledge of a scripting language like Perl or Python. Proficiency in other languages like C, C++, Perl, Python will be considered.
- Proficiency in other languages like C, C++.
Please note that candidates not meeting all of the above requirements will be considered if they can demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn on the job. In essence, a candidate who is motivated and self-driven will definitely be considered for the job.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and assignment to Victor Cabrera and Ajmain Naqib at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com as soon as possible using the subject Web Application Developer - Application.
Link to PA assignment page: assignment.php.