13.5 - 20 hours/week
15 $/hr for Undergraduate | 33.3%-50% Project Assistantship for Graduate
As soon as possible
- Comfortable using Linux and the command line interface. The candidate should be comfortable using the command line interface on a UNIX/Linux system, and have a basic understanding of how a Linux system is maintained. Specifically, an understanding of the Linux file-system hierarchy, and familiarity with a package manager is crucial.
- Comfortable with a version control system like Git.
Apart from the above qualifications, knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable:
- Programming experience with Python and frameworks like Django, Flask.
- Familiarity or prior experience with the Dash/Plotly to create dashboards with interactive visualizations.
- Familiarity or prior experience with the Apache HTTP server.
- Proficiency in other languages like C, C++ or C# will also be considered.
Please note that candidates not meeting all of the above requirements will be considered if they can demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn on the job. In essence, a candidate who is motivated and self-driven will definitely be considered for the job.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Victor Cabrera and Ashish Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com as soon as possible using the subject Software Developer Assistant.